In 2008, Steinemann Technology AG has installed a total of 243 sanding heads in 38 lines, allocated to 18 different countries. Compared to the previous year, this implies an increase of almost 65%.
More than 70% of these 243 sanding heads were installed in Eastern Europe (including Russia and Turkey) and South America. The remaining 30% were for facilities in Asia and China.
Regarding the machine type, more than 70% were sanding heads for plants that produce particleboard or MDF panels wider than 1,900mm (Satos machine of Steinemann). About 22% were for panels up to 1,600mm (Nova-H series of Steinemann).